The British Boer Goat Society
- The objectives of the society shall be to act in the interests of owners and prospective owners and keepers of the Boer Goats in the United Kingdom or such Domains as the Society thinks fit.
- To promote the Boer Goat Breed to the purchasing public
- Members will act with best practice regards to the welfare of their animals;
- To establish, control and maintain an accurate breed register and breed standard;
- To advise and, so far as possible, control the import and export into and out of the United Kingdom of Boer goats, semen and embryos;
- The society shall consist of such owners and prospective owners without limitation as to numbers with the common interest in the promotion of the Boer Goat breed.
- To follow such objects and directions in connection therewith, as the membership shall direct, regards policy approved at the Annual General Meeting and that the committee shall from time to time decide such action to take place in the best interests of the society.
Committee Remit For 2019
The Trustees’ intentions for 2019 are listed below:
To promote through education, animal welfare, good husbandry and knowledge of diseases which can have a negative impact on the National Herd.
This will assist members in maximising the productivity and health of their goats.
Where possible the Trustees will inspect and update both the Rule Book and Constitution, to allow the Society to build for a better future.
A new website is under construction.
When completed and running to full capacity, it will be user-friendly and have a positive impact on both members and the viewing public.
It will incorporate a members hub where members can interact.
Educational and promotional videos will be available to members.
A new member’s map will display a full list of members who consent to have their details available to the public.
The new website should provide better and easier access to information to enable them to research and promote the Boer goat.
We intend to publish three magazines per year, but this is absolutely dependant on the cooperation and input from members. Please support these publications with photographs, articles and information.
We will support and promote the holding of shows and seminars in various parts of the country, to promote the Boer Goat and it’s attributes.